Questions to Ask Your Oklahoma DUI Lawyer
LAWYERS ALL LOOK THE SAME TO ME
Questions you should ask before hiring a DUI lawyer
The nose of the bulldog has been slanted backwards
So that he can breathe without letting go.
The following are qualifications your attorney should possess if they are serious about properly defending your case and are passionate about defending citizens accused of DUI:
- Have you been selected by fellow attorneys as a SUPER LAWYER, placing you in the top 5% of attorneys in the State? How many times?
- Have you attended the Harvard Law School DUI Trial College conducted by the National College for DUI Defense? Did you attend the last college and how many times have you attended?
- Have you instructed other attorneys on the International, National, Regional or State level? Are you a Faculty Member of the National College for DUI Defense?
- Are you trained in Standardized Field Sobriety Tests administration?
- Are you an INSTRUCTOR of Standardized Field Sobriety Tests administration?
- Are you Certified by the State of Oklahoma and/or the Department of Transportation as an Intoxilyzer 5000 OPERATOR?
- Are you trained to operate the Intoxilyzer 8000?
- Do you OWN an Intoxilyzer 5000 to help in preparing for your clients defense?
- Are you Certified by the State of Oklahoma as an Intoxilyzer 5000 MAINTENANCE SUPERVISOR/SPECIALIST?
- Do you own a working and functioning Intoxilyzer 8000 to use in your client’s case?
- Have you attended the annual DUI seminar conducted by the National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers? What is the most recent course?
- Do you have instant access to the most experienced DUI Attorneys and experts in the nation?
- Are you DRE (Drug Recognition Expert) trained?
- Do you have successful trial experience in DUI Defenses?
- Do you have successful experience in fighting DUI blood tests?
- Have you had specialized training and participated in lab testing to understand blood testing?
- Do you limit the number of new cases you will take each month?
- Do the press and television call you for your insight and opinions involving DUI?
- Are you a Member of the National College for DUI Defense?
- Do other attorneys nationwide ask you to teach them about DUI?
- Do other criminal defense attorneys refer their ‘tough’ cases to you?